We hold regular meetings and always welcome new and prospective members.
Most weekends you can meet members volunteering at the Green Mountains Information Centre located on the left of the road just 200m before the main O’Reilly’s guesthouse entrance.
The GMNHA was established with the aim of fostering interest in the Green Mountains section of Lamington National Park in Southern Queensland. The objectives of the Association are to:
- Encourage a knowledge and understanding of the environment.
- Enable visitors to Lamington National Park to gain the maximum benefits from their time spent in the park.
- Raise funds to assist in the interpretation of Lamington National Park.
- To assist in any way possible the rangers and staff of the Queensland Parks & Wildlife Service.
- Encourage activities among its members, be it promotional, educational or social.
Over the years GMNHA has been able to enhance the Lamington National Park visitor experience with projects and activities such as:
- Staffing the QPWS Information Centre with accredited volunteer members on weekends and school holidays.
- Construction and maintenance of the Tree Top Walk (a Bicentennial project)
- Construction of the Booyong Board Walk.
- Construction of the original Python Rock Track and Mick’s Tower.
- Assisting with O’Reilly’s Bird Week and Forest Weekend.
- Initiating the construction of the Information Centre.
- Assisting with Nature-search activities.
Want to get involved. JOIN US or contact: email@example.com